The Mixed Ages Class is for children 0-5 years old with a parent or caregiver. Siblings 7 months and younger or 6 and older may attend class free of charge. There is a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 children in the class.
This class is pro-rated for a shorter session length.
The benefits of yoga for children (and adults) extend well beyond the physical. Yoga calms body and mind, promotes body awareness and coordination, and creates an internal sense of balance. It can also help with concentration, reduce stress, and generate an over-all sense of well being.
Sing and Stretch Yoga Class 10 weeks Rate
Mixed Ages Generations
This class is similar to our Mixed Ages class, but with the added benefit of seniors participating. Classes are held in a facility that caters to seniors and the children benefit from bonds formed with the elders.
6 week Kids yoga Session
Rhythm Kids Level I (4-5 years)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 (5-8 years old)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
make up their own drumming patterns
invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
create movement ideas for songs
even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
10 weekly, 45-minute classes
Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in
Kindergarten through second grade. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the
pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm
Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at
home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children in grades K–2 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal collection songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico,
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students should have their own hand drum for use at home